All Mini Fortress Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo eShop reviews will receive a final rating between 1 and 10. Take a glance at the scale below to see what the numbers mean.
- Horrendous – Stay away from this game forever. Only the masochistic curious would want to play this game.
- Awful – It’s going to be difficult to get the taste of this one out of your mouth.
- Bad – Any redeeming qualities this game may have are greatly outweighed by its flaws. We would never recommend a title with a rating of four or below.
- Below Average – With a little more fine-tuning, this game could have been average, though something is holding it back.
- Average - Not a bad game, but nowhere near great either. Collectors and/or fans of the series may have interest in owning this title.
- Above Average – Close to being a mediocre, run-of-the-mill experience, but has some qualities that make it stand out.
- Good – Sevens are good games that are worth playing. Its flaws are much bigger and more noticeable than higher rated titles, but there are still plenty of reasons to check out this game.
- Great – A great game with redeeming qualities, although some flaw(s) keeps it from obtaining an excellent rating. Anything above an eight comes with a recommendation from MiniFortress.com.
- Excellent – An excellent video game that has a lot of excellent qualities, though certainly not flawless.
- Masterpiece – Its faults are minuscule in the grand scheme of things. A game that should be played by anyone that calls themselves a gamer.
Retro Game Scale:
Retro games (with the exception of Wii and Nintendo DS titles) are judged differently from current games here at Mini Fortress. With this method, we feel it’s the best way to separate the good and bad of retro gaming.
- 5/5 Masterpiece - Any game that achieves this rating is definitely close to perfect with just a few minor flaws.
- 4/5 Awesome - A game that gets this rating is certainly well worth your time. However, a few flaws keep it from getting a higher rating.
- 3/5 Average - Far from perfect, but still worth your time and effort. Fans of the series will not pass this up, but other gamers might.
- 2/5 Terrible - Terrible is never good, but this game has some redeeming quality that puts it above horrendous.
- 1/5 Horrendous - This game is probably ignored by most of the gaming community.
- 0/5 Crap - This game stinks